No access to the gym, no problem! The answer is workout on-the-go. You can workout out your total body anywhere, and very effectively. Get your workout done from your home, from a park, from your hotel room...In this article I highlight the full body workout using only a resistance band.
NO GYM WORK OUT - RESISTANCE BAND TOTAL BODY
Make time, not excuses! This is my mantra.
Workout on-the-go is a perfect solution to be fit and healthy anywhere, and with this resistance band total body workout, you will see how simple and effective your workout on-the-go can be.
It is so easy to make excuses for not getting to the gym: late work, traveling too much (absolutely my case), feeling tired, not sure how to put a workout plan together and so on...
That is the reason I decided to help you through the series of "Workout on-the-go" and to get in shape while you have no access to the gym: from your home, your hotel room, from the park or pretty much everywhere. Also, I have tested and reviewed the best portable fitness equipment for travel.
The good news is that there are so many options to be fit and have a healthy lifestyle working out from anywhere. We don't actually need a fully equipped gym for a good work out and see results, all we need is to have a plan, discipline and to be creative.
In this article I am covering a full-body workout with the resistance band and you will see how easy and fun this circuit is, and most importantly, very effective.
All you'll need is a straight band that has two ends with handles to make it easier to hold for this workout on-the-go total body workout.
The resistance bands come in different colors that represents the variation of the weights, all you need for this work out is to choose one band that has the right weight for you, or you also have the option to buy the whole set and use a variation of weights.
Choose the best resistance band for you and get ready to live a healthy lifestyle on-the-go!
RESISTANCE BAND TOTAL BODY WORK OUT CIRCUIT
Now that you understand more about the resistance band, let's start the circuit for a full-body workout.
This full-body workout alternates between upper-body and lower-body moves, which means your heart and lungs will have to work overtime to pump blood around your body and keep your muscles working hard.
This high-intensity approach will help to burn more body fat, and the constant muscular tension the band demands means you will also get a good muscle pump, which is important for making new muscle tissue grow.
DIRECTIONS FOR A TOTAL BODY WORK OUT
Do the whole sequence of exercises without pauses between each exercise with 20 repetitions. Recover for 1 minute and repeat the full circuit again for 4 or 5 times.
Check here my review on the best Resistance Band for you.
- WHAT I NEED: Resistance Band
- BODY PART WORKOUT: Upper body and lower body
- TOTAL TIME: 20-40 minutes
- INTENSITY: Easy - Moderate
- WORKOUT TYPE: Tone & Definition
- REPETITION: minimum of 20
- SERIES: 4-5 circuit of total body workout
NOTE: If you are short on time you can make 4 circuits and increase the intensity, resting less between the sets.
✔︎ Do all the training in a circuit, that means you only rest between circuits
✔︎ Do a minimum of 20 repetitions of each exercise
✔︎ This training is metabolic! So the recovery time should be short - only 1 minute
✔︎ Train using the resistance from the band
TOTAL BODY RESISTANCE BAND CIRCUIT
1- LEGS: Squats
- Stand on the middle of your resistance band with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Position your hands at shoulder level with your palms facing up, holding the resistance band.
- Drop into a squat (keeping your back straight), then push back up, then lower into another squat. Your shoulders should always be in-line with your ankles.
2- BACK: Upright row
- Anchor the resistance band on a sturdy support at chest height and stand in a half squat position.
- Grab both ends of the resistance band and pull it towards your body. Keep your back perpendicular to the ground.
- Squeeze your back muscles at the end of the full extension of the resistance band and go back to the initial position with arms fully extended.
3- CHEST: Press
- Anchor the resistance band on a column, tree or sturdy support at chest height.
- Grab each handle with your back to the band and step forward to reduce the slack, positioning your hands at chest height.
- With elbows up and palms facing down, press the resistance band straight our in front of your until your arms reach full extension and squeeze your chest muscles.
- Return to the starting point position.
4- SHOULDERS: Unilateral overhead press
- Stand on your resistance band controlling the resistance by stepping closer or farther from one handle.
- Grab the other handle with your hand and position it at shoulder level with palm facing front so your thumb faces your shoulder.
- Press straight up, with your palm forward as you fully extend your arms.
- Lower back down and repeat 20 reps then switch to the other arm.
5 - BICEPS: Standing biceps curls
- Stand with both feet on the middle of your resistance band with feet shoulder-width apart
- Hold one end in each hand, arms extended, palms facing forward.
- Curl your hands up towards your shoulders, squeezing your biceps. Keep your elbows tight to the sides of your body.
- Lower your hands back down to starting position.
6 - TRICEPS: Tricep kickback
- Anchor the resistance band on a sturdy support
- Lower back down, grab each handle facing the resistance band.
- Bend your elbows (keeping them tucked by your sides) until your forearms are perpendicular to the floor. Keep your back stiff at a 45-degree angle to the ground.
- Next, extend your arms back, pushing the resistance band behind your body until your arms are fully extended.
WHERE NEXT? My top picks to make your trip the best experience
Please note: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using these links, I receive a very small commission at no extra cost to you. Please note that using these affiliate links, you are directly supporting Paula to continue to Pins the Planet, and any running cost of this site, and my ability to provide you with free awesome content on travel and healthy lifestyle. Thank you very much!