Full-Body Resistance Band workout – The best workout on-the-go for home and travel
Workout on the go is a perfect solution to be fit and healthy anywhere, and with this full-body resistance band workout, you will see how simple and effective your workout on the go can be.
It is so easy to make excuses for not getting to the gym: late work, traveling too much (absolutely my case), feeling tired, not sure how to put a workout plan together, and so on…
That is the reason I decided to help you through the series of “Workout on-the-go” and to get in shape while you have no access to the gym: from your home, your hotel room, from the park, or pretty much everywhere. Also, I have tested and reviewed the best portable fitness equipment and the best sissy squats machines for killer legs.
The good news is that there are so many options to be fit and have a healthy lifestyle working out from anywhere. We don’t actually need a fully equipped gym for a good workout and see results, all we need is to have a plan, discipline, and to be creative.
In this article, I am covering a full-body workout with the resistance band and you will see how easy and fun this circuit is, and most importantly, very effective.
All you’ll need is a straight band that has two ends with handles to make it easier to hold for this full-body workout.
Resistance Band Workout Routine Printable
Resistance Band for full-body workout How to choose the right Resistance Band
The resistance bands with handles are also known as resistance tubes, stretch bands, training bands, rubber bands, strength bands, tension bands.
The resistance bands for full-body workout come in different colors that represent the variation of the weights, all you need for this total-body resistance band workout is to choose one band that has the right weight for you, or you also have the option to buy the whole set and use a variety of weights.
First important thing: you need to consider what level of resistance you are looking for.
If you are already advanced on your fitness journey, I recommend getting a resistance band set, as you can have a variety of weight and add some additional resistance. If you are a beginner, you might want to start with a lighter resistance band.
Below you can find my top pick Resistance Bands for a full-body workout.
|SPRI Xertube Resistance Bands Exercise||PXT360 Resistance Bands with Handles Set of 5||Lifeline Max Flex Resistance Kit||Whatafit Resitance Bads Set|
|From beginner to advanced||From beginner to advanced||From intermediate to advanced||From beginner to advanced|
|10 lbs - 50 lbs||5 lbs - 50 lbs||20 lbs - 70 lbs||10 lbs to 50 lbs|
|Individual bands||Set of 5 bands||Individual bands||Set of 11 pcs|
|It is sold separately and is a great option for a budget resistance band. You can choose from 4 different colors, which represent resistance levels from light (yellow) to ultra-heavy (purple).||This resistance band has an ergonomic design, with two soft foam handles for easy and comfortable grip. It comes with door anchor for more possibilities for workout||It is available in 5 different levels for weighted resistance levels. Includes a non-slip, free rotating grip with strong nylon webbing construction||This is considered the ultimate set for resistance bands. Multifunction and made of great quality material. Comes use user manual|
Full-Body Resistance Band Workout Tone Muscle & Strengh
1 – How can I use the Resistance Bands
You can get fit on-the-go and get a full-body resistance band routine. The resistance bands are available in a variety of lengths and strengths. It is a piece of very cheap workout equipment and when used correctly it is very effective for a variety of exercises.
2 – What are the main benefits of a Resistance Band workout
It is very cheap. The most portable form of fitness equipment, you can store it very easily and you can carry in your luggage with you if you are traveling. You can be creative with a variety of resistance band workout routines. It is a very effective way to work out. With these resistance bands you are working out against gravity, and the bands switch up the lines of force to strengthen new movement patterns, and they offer variable resistance – the more you stretch them, the heavier they get.
3 – What exercises can I do with a Resistance Band
You can be very creative with the variety of resistance band workoutsroutine. Resistance bands are great for increasing strength, adding some muscle, maintain fitness condition if you don’t have access to a gym. They are also great to add resistance to your workout at the gym, I always have a couple of resistance bands in my gym bag.
4 – What body part can I workout with the Resistance Bands
Resistance bands are very efficient tools to promote the improvement of physical conditioning by allowing the execution of a series of movements that work all the muscular groups: arms, abdomen, shoulders, back, glutes, and thighs. Plus research shows that engaging resistance and training into your workout helps to improve balance, gait function, and flexibility. When the band is combined with high-intensity workout and a proper diet, they also help to sculpt more defined muscles as well as getting your heart rate high.
Resistance Tube Exercises Workout Circuit
Now that you understand more about the resistance tube exercises, let’s start the circuit for a total body.
This workout alternates between upper-body and lower-body moves, which means your heart and lungs will have to work overtime to pump blood around your body and keep your muscles working hard.
This high-intensity approach for a full-body band workout will help to burn more body fat, and the constant muscular tension during this resistance tube exercise circuit demands means you will also get a good muscle pump, which is important for making new muscle tissue grow.
Check here my review on the best Resistance Band for you.
Directions for Resistance Tube Workout
Do the whole sequence of this resistance tube workout without pauses between each exercise with 20 repetitions. Recover for 1 minute and repeat the full circuit again 4 or 5 times.
- WHAT I NEED: Resistance Band
- BODY PART WORKOUT: Upper body and lower body
- TOTAL TIME: 20-40 minutes
- INTENSITY: Easy-Moderate
- WORKOUT TYPE: Tone & Definition
- REPETITION: minimum of 20
- SERIES: 4-5 circuit of total body workout
NOTE: If you are short on time you can make 4 circuits of this resistance tube workout, and increase the intensity, resting less between the sets.
✔︎ Do all the training in a circuit, which means you only rest between circuits
✔︎ Do a minimum of 20 repetitions of each exercise
✔︎ This training is metabolic! So the recovery time should be short – only 1 minute
Resistance band Workout Routine
1 – LEGS RESISTANCE BAND WORKOUT
- The first step for this leg resistance band workout, you need to stand in the middle of your resistance band with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Position your hands at shoulder level with your palms facing up, holding the resistance band.
- Drop into a squat (keeping your back straight), then push back up, then lower into another squat. Your shoulders should always be in-line with your ankles during this whole legs resistance band workout.
2 – BACK RESISTANCE BAND WORKOUT
- Start this back resistance band workout by anchoring the resistance band on sturdy support at chest height and stand in a half squat position.
- Grab both ends of the resistance band and pull it towards your body. Keep your back perpendicular to the ground.
- Squeeze your back muscles at the end of the full extension of the resistance band and go back to the initial position with arms fully extended for a perfect back resistance band workout.
3 – RESISTANCE BAND CHEST EXERCISE
- Start this resistance band chest exercise by anchoring the resistance band on a column, tree, or sturdy support at chest height.
- Grab each handle with your back to the band and step forward to reduce the slack, positioning your hands at chest height.
- With elbows up and palms facing down, press the resistance band straight out in front of you until your arms reach full extension and squeeze your chest muscles.
- Return to the starting point position before you continue your resistance band chest exercises.
4 – SHOULDER RESISTANCE BAND WORKOUT
- For this shoulder resistance band workout, stand on your resistance band controlling the resistance by stepping closer or farther from one handle.
- Grab the other handle with your hand and position it at shoulder level with palm facing front so your thumb faces your shoulder.
- Press straight up, with your palm forward as you fully extend your arms.
- Lower back down and repeat 20 reps of this shoulder resistance band workout then switch to the other arm.
5 – RESISTANCE BAND BICEP WORKOUT
- Start this resistance band bicep workout by standing with both feet on the middle of your resistance band with feet shoulder-width apart
- Hold one end in each hand, arms extended, palms facing forward.
- Curl your hands up towards your shoulders, squeezing your biceps. Keep your elbows tight to the sides of your body.
- Lower your hands back down to the starting position and continue your resistance band bicep workout series.
6 – RESISTANCE BAND TRICEPS WORKOUT
- Start this resistance band triceps workout by anchoring the resistance band on a sturdy support
- Lower back down, grab each handle facing the resistance band.
- Bend your elbows (keeping them tucked by your sides) until your forearms are perpendicular to the floor. Keep your back stiff at a 45-degree angle to the ground.
- Next, extend your arms back, pushing the resistance band behind your body until your arms are fully extended for a perfect resistance band triceps workout form.
Resistance Band Workout Routine Video
Full Body Band Workout Conclusion
A full body band workout using the resistance bands is a great alternative to keep up with a fitness routine from anywhere – while traveling, at the park, for a home workout, at the office, etc.
Resistance Bands are very affordable, portable, easy to carry or pack in your carry-on and a total body workout can be done in as short as 20-minutes per day.
Even with a busy routine between work and travel, you still can follow a fitness journey with great alternatives such as this full-body band workout, have small and affordable home equipment such as a sissy squat machine, and invest in portable fitness equipment that is very effective for a great workout routine.
If you have any questions or suggestions, I would love to hear from you. Just leave me a comment below and I will get back to you.
Keep fit and choose to live a healthy lifestyle and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more videos of workout.