10-quick exercises you can do in your Hotel Room Workout
Not having access to the gym shouldn’t be an excuse to not get your workout done. You still can follow your fitness routine with this simple hotel room workout. Unfortunately, not all the hotels have a workout room, or the equipment is old, into a room the size of a closet. But fortunately, you have found my blog and I will help you to get your workout done at your cozy hotel room with this simple 10-exercises circuit. I am a fitness athlete for more than 20 years, and I love going on adventures to explore the world. I am also a world traveler who travels 40% of my time for business and vacation and I have developed a great Workout on-the-go to keep up with my fitness journey. If you also prioritize your health, and your workout while on the road, you have come to the right place! I am glad you are here and let’s continue to Travel & be Healthy!
Read Next: BEST PORTABLE EXERCISE EQUIPMENT FOR TRAVEL
Hotel Room Workout Plan – SAVE IT FOR LATER!
Directions for a Hotel Room Workout
For your hotel room workout, do the whole circuit with the sequence of exercises without pauses between each exercise. Recover for 1-2 minutes and repeat the full circuit again for 3-4 times.
- WHAT I NEED: No equipment required
- BODY PART WORKOUT: Total Body Workout
- TOTAL TIME: 20-40 minutes
- INTENSITY: Easy-Moderate
- WORKOUT TYPE: Fat burning & tone
- REPETITION: 10 to 30 reps – try to do as many repetitions as you can
- SERIES: 3-4 circuit of total body workout
✔︎ Do all the training in a circuit, that means you only rest between circuits ✔︎ Do a minimum of 10 repetitions of each exercise ✔︎ This training is metabolic! So the recovery time should be short – only 1-2 minute ✔︎ You don’t need any equipment and all you need is a small area at your hotel room to complete all exercises.
NOTE: If you are short on time you can make 2 circuits and increase the intensity, resting less between the sets.
Hotel Room Workout Plan – PIN IT FOR LATER!
Hotel Room Workout Video
Here is your 10 easy exercises circuit Hotel Room Workout:
1- AIR SQUATS
WORKS: Core, glutes, hamstrings and quads REPETITION: Minimum of 30 reps STEPS:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Lower down until your hips and knees are parallel, then come up and repeat.
MODIFICATION: 45-degree wall sit. Place your back against the wall and slide down to a 45-degree angle, keeping your knees and feet aligned. Hold for 30 to 60 seconds.
2- PUSH UP
WORKS: Biceps, chest, core, shoulders, and triceps REPETITION: Minimum of 10 reps STEPS:
- Place your hands on the floor to line up with your shoulders and move into a plank position.
- Keeping your back flat and core tight, lower down and up.
MODIFICATION: Place your knees on the floor, and follow the same steps.
3- REVERSE LUNGES
WORKS: Try this exercise with your hands over your head. REPETITION: Total of 30 – 15 each leg STEPS:
- Stand upright, with your hands at your hips. Take a large step backward with your left foot.
- Lower your hips so that your right thigh (front leg) becomes parallel to the floor with your right knee positioned directly over your ankle.
- Your left knee should be bent at a 90-degree angle and pointing toward the floor with your left heel lifted.
- Return to standing by pressing your right heel into the floor and bringing your left leg forward to complete one rep.
- Alternate legs, and step back with right leg.
CHALLENGE YOURSELF: Try this exercise with your hands over your head.
Read Next: TOTAL BODY RESISTANCE BAND WORKOUT
4 – SHOULDERS TAP
WORKS: Transverse abdominals and obliques. Helps to strengthen core and stability. REPETITION: Total of 20 – 10 on each side. STEPS:
- Start in a kneeling plank position with your legs hip-width apart, ankles crossed, and body forming one straight line for the floor through the crown of your head.
- Now, with control, while keeping your hips and shoulders level and square in front of you, lift one palm to the top of your opposite arm and pause for one second before returning to start.
CHALLENGE YOURSELF: In the same setup position, when you bring the hand to your shoulder, you can hold for 3–5 seconds, making it more challenging because your core has to work harder not to rotate.
OPTION: Hotel Room Workout for Low Impact
5 – SKATERS
WORKS: Quads, glutes, hamstrings, and calves – You get some bonus outer tight work as well. REPETITION: Total of 20 – 10 on each side. STEPS:
- In the same setup position, when you bring the hand to your shoulder, you can hold for 3–5 seconds, making it more challenging because your core has to work harder not to rotate.
- Bring one leg behind at a slight angle into a reverse lunge. The front knee will come to a 90-degree angle.
- Swing the arms in front of that bent knee and leap the back leg forward to switch sides in a skating motion. Arms alternate as you switch sides like a speed skater.
MODIFICATION: If you are not ready for the high impact from the jump, just repeat the same movement but without jumping.
6 – JUMP JACKS
WORKS: Great cardiovascular exercise (heart and lungs) REPETITION: 20 repetitions STEPS:
- Stand upright with your legs together, arms at your sides.
- Bend your knees slightly, and jump into the air.
- As you jump, spread your legs to be about shoulder-width apart. Stretch your arms out and over your head.
- Jump back to starting position.
CHALLENGE YOURSELF: To get more out of a jumping jack routine, try to perform them as quickly as possible. As soon as you land back on the ground, jump right back up.
7- CALF RAISES
WORKS: Calf REPETITION: 20 repetitions STEPS:
- Stand up straight, then push through the balls of your feet and raise your heel until you are standing on your toes.
- Then lower slowly back to the start.
CHALLENGE YOURSELF: Bending your knees slightly when doing any kind of calf raises switches the workload from the gastrocnemius – the larger calf muscle – to the soleus, which might be smaller but is no less important. Your calf raises routine should include as many bent-knee exercises as straight-knee raises.
8 – PLANK KNEE TO ELBOW
WORKS: Core, specifically the obliques, build strength, and increase stability. REPETITION: Total of 20 repetitions – 10 each side STEPS:
- Begin in the top of a pushup position with hands directly beneath your shoulders.
- Tighten your abs and bring one knee to the outside of the same arm, pausing for a moment before straightening the leg back behind you. Keep the leg elevated and repeat the movement.
CHALLENGE YOURSELF: Don’t lift your hips or let them sag. Instead, maintain a straight line from your head to toes. Squeeze your abs as you bring your knee to your chest.
OPTION: Yoga Routine for Hotel Room Workout
9 – SCISSOR AB EXERCISE
WORKS: Transverse abdominals (the deepest muscle of the bunch) REPETITION: Total of 20 repetitions – 10 each side STEPS:
- Lie down on your back with your hands either at your sides or underneath your glutes for added back support.
- Extend your legs out straight, then twist them in and out above each other, or straight up and down—either way, don’t let your legs drop to the mat as you’re working through your reps.
- Make sure your core is engaged and that your lower back is pressed onto your mat throughout.
- Move with slow and controlled movements.
Tips: When you perform the Scissors, be sure not to move so fast that you rely on momentum or risk hurting your lower back. Move slow and controlled, only lowering your legs as much as you feel stable. In addition, lift the leg up as long and straight as you can.
10 – FOREARM PLANK
WORKS: Core – as well as shoulders, arms, and glutes RIME: Minimum of 20 seconds STEPS:
- Place forearms on the floor with elbows aligned below shoulders and arms parallel to your body at about shoulder width.
- If flat palms bother your wrists, clasp your hands together.
MODIFICATION: Knee plank is a variation for beginners because it allows concentrating on form. Resting your knees on the ground puts less stress on your lower back. Authentic & Adventure Travels & Inspiring Healthy Lifestyle Follow my journey on Instagram Get inspired on YouTube Channel mY GEAR FOR WORKOUT ON THE GO
Tube Resistance Band
This is my number one fitness equipment for the workout on-the-go. Portable for a full-body workout view deals
Fabric Exercise Bands
Very effective for legs, hips, and glute workout on the go. Amazing results to tone & firm and portable view deals
Ruber Exercise Bands
Amazing option for stretching, strength training, and pilates. Versatile for full-body workout and easy to carry view deals
Perfect for a low impact full-body workout on the go. Portable and convenient to pack view deals mY GEAR FOR WORKOUT ON THE GO